Dear Class of 2012,
It was great to see many of
you at reunions. We’re excited to announce that it’s time for class
elections! If you’ve thought about getting more involved supporting the
’12 class and Dartmouth, now is your opportunity. We are soliciting
candidates for both the elected and appointed positions through July 28th at NOON (ET). Candidates will be announced July 28. A ballot will be emailed to you and elections will be open July 29 – Aug 4 at NOON (ET). Officers will serve until the next reunion!
You may nominate yourself for any of the roles at the bottom of this post.
you wish to nominate yourself for any of the elected positions (“EP”),
please send an email with subject line “EP [insert role] Candidate
Statement” to Dartmouth.Class.firstname.lastname@example.org.
you wish to nominate yourself for any of the appointed positions
(“AP”), please send an email with subject line “AP [insert role]
Candidate Statement” to Dartmouth.Class.email@example.com.
- Please answer the following in your email:
- 1) Why do you want to hold this position? [this can include what the role means to you, ideas you have for the position, etc]
- 2) What experiences you’ve had that prepare you for this role.
- Answers to each question should be NO MORE THAN 250 words per answer. Submissions over 250 words will be cut off at that mark.
- 3) If elected or appointed, would you be able to attend Class Officers Weekend on September 15 and 16? [note: this will not affect your eligibility; it will simply give the College an estimate on expected attendance numbers]
You may also nominate someone other than yourself to a position. To do so, please submit an email to Dartmouth.Class.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EP/AP [insert role] Nominee” and cc the person you wish to nominate. That person must then submit a statement in line with the above to confirm their candidacy.
You may nominate someone for multiple roles.
Elected positions - please see our class constitution to learn about the responsibilities of each of these roles.
- Vice President
Appointed positions - please see our class constitution
to learn about the responsibilities of each of these roles. Note, these
positions will be appointed by the principal officers (above) and are
subject to change, per a vote by the principal officers:
- Head Agent
- Newsletter Editor
- Reunion Giving Chair
- Bequest Chair
- Reunion Chair
- Mini-Reunion Chair
Finally, you will receive a ballot and a link to vote at the email you have registered to the College. Your voting access will be tied to your email, so please make sure you have the correct email registered with Dartmouth.
More information to come with the ballot about announcement of positions and next steps after voting.
If you have any questions, you can contact Shaun Akhtar, Nominating Committee Chair, at email@example.com.